This soup will convert even the stubbornest smooth soup haters (e.g. me). A lovely rich texture and an illusion of health make this soup irresistible.
- Fry the onion in butter over a medium heat until just starting to turn golden.
- Add the potato, water and stock cubes. Gently boil until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the broccoli and stalks to the pan. Gently boil for another 5-7 mins.
- Add all other ingredients to the pan, then transfer to a blender and blend to make a thick soup. Alternatively use a stick blender within the pan itself.
- Check consistancy and add water if too thick.
- Cool quickly if storing, or reheat and serve with crumbled stilton and a drop of cream to eat straight away.
- To prepare the stalks of the broccoli, cut off the outer husk (skin), and trim the dry end off. Medium dice and cook along with the chopped head.
- It's always best to start with too little boiling water than too much. Its easier to thin down a soup at the end than it is to thicken it up.
- 1 large head (and stalk), roughly chopped
- Stilton Cheese
- 220 g, crumbled
- 1 medium, peeled
- White onion
- 1 medium, medium dice
- Knorr Vegetable stock cubes
- Boiling Water
- 800 ml
- Double Cream
- 2 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter
- 15 g
- Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp
- to taste