Full of flavour to complement any BBQ. Without that odd tang of the supermarket stuff.
- Prepare the potatoes:
- Place new potatoes in a large saucepan with the salt. Cover with boiling water.
- Boil until tender (or slightly before tender if you like it that way).
- When ready, drain and run under cold water until the potatoes have cooled.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, prepare the dressing in a large bowl by adding all the remaining ingredients and mixing well.
- Taste the sauce for acidity and sweetness, adding more vinegar or honey as required.
- Combine the cooled potatoes and the sauce in the large bowl. Serve.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to the potato water to reduce the chance of them boiling over.
- The best new potatoes for this recipe include any waxy potato: Jersey Royals, Charlotte, Maris Peer etc.
- Make this salad up to 24 hours in advance and keep refridgerated until serving.
- Waxy New Potatoes
- 1 kg, bite-sized pieces
- Light Hellman's Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups
- Yellow Onion
- 1/2 small (65 g), very finely diced
- about 80 (5 tsp / 15 g), roughly chopped
- Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 tbsp
- Fresh Dill
- 10 g, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup
- White Wine Vinegar
- 6 tsp
- Clear Honey
- 3 tsp
- 1 tbsp