An asian inspired salad. If you haven't tried a sesame dressing like this before, give it a go!
- The night before, create the soy sauce marinade by:
- Place the soy sauce and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Over a gentle heat, slowly reduce the mix, stirring regularly until it reaches a thick liquid like the consistency of double cream.
- Cool completely, it will be then the thickness of golden syrup.
- Rub the chicken with the concentrate, make sure they're well coated.
- Marinate overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to cook, first make the Sesame Salad Dressing:
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan until turned a light golden colour. Make sure they don't burn. Set aside into a bowl and let cool.
- Place the sesame seeds into a pestle and mortar, crush to make sure they're all crushed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Put a grill plate (or frying pan, or BBQ) onto a medium heat whilst you prepare the salad.
- Place the chicken onto the griddle plate, turn occasionally and use a digital temperature probe to cook until perfect (70c).
- Just before removing the chicken from the pan, dash some more liquid smoke and plenty of lime juice over the chicken, then remove from the heat.
- Prepare the salad, then toss through with the dressing.
- Serve with plenty of chopped fresh coriander over the top.
- The chicken really should be marinated at least 12 hours in advance, so get that prep done!
Soy Chicken Marinade Ingredients
- Chicken Breast
- Soy Sauce
- 6 tbsp
- Liquid Smoke
- 2 tsp, highly dependant on brand
- White Sugar
- 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
Sesame Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp
- 2 tbsp
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- small punnet
- 1 whole, sliced lengthways
- 5, half moon sliced
- Red Pepper
- 2, long slices